Backdraft DamperMay 6, 2014
Hydroton 10 literMay 6, 2014
Grodan A-OK Starter Plugs
Plugs have a tapered bottom, for improved transplanting, Ideal plug for the growth of crops in hydroponic systems
Great to use for germinating seeds or starting cuttings in
Greater firmness for more manual handling
Grodan A-OK Starter Plugs 98/Sheet
Grodan A-OK Starter Plugs are designed for starting seedlings and rooting stem cuttings. The finely woven stone wool in the Starter Plug provides the perfect environment for young roots.
- Grodan plugs have excellent uniformity, strength and shape that provides the perfect basis for optimum germination and uniform seedling results.
- The uniformity and reliability of Grodan plugs provide a solid basis for automatic or manual processing, uniform germination and a crop that can be transplanted successfully.
- Grodan plugs have a uniform density, firmness and fibrous structure. This means that distribution of water, nutrients and pH-value is also uniform, which has a beneficial effect on germination results.
Grodan A-OK Starter Plug
Square size plugs connected to each other at the top of the plug forming a sheet fitting a 10/20 tray
- Plugs have a tapered bottom, for improved transplanting
- Ideal plug for the growth of crops in hydroponic systems
- Great to use for germinating seeds or starting cuttings in
A-OK Starter Plugs™ for starting seeds and rooting of cuttings prior to plugging into the larger Gro-Blocks. A-OK Starter Plugs™ come labeled with instructions in a shrink-wrapped sheet that fits a standard 10 x 20 tray
Grodan’s products are designed to work together as a complete, professional growing system allowing cultivators to handle and process young plants at much faster rates. The 1.5” size A-OK Starter Plugs™ fit snugly into the Gro-Smart tray which, in turn, can sit comfortably inside a standard size propagation dome.
the A-OK Starter Plug with 1.5 EC nutrient solution pH adjusted to 5.5 – 6.5 with a coarse spray or submerged for up to 1 minute and let drain.
2. Take cuttings
that are no more than 14 days old, apply rooting solution to cut only and insert stem ½ inches into the saturated A-OK. If growing from seed, place one seed using clean tools into the perfectly sized hole of the saturated A-OK. Monitor the wet weight. Once the wet weight reaches 50% apply an irrigation with a nutrient solution of 1.5 EC and 5.5 PH. Drain excess to prevent mold, algae and disease .Allow your seedlings and cuttings adequate time to fully exploit all the stone wool in the A-OK Starter Plug™ before transplanting.
When it comes to transplant time, moving your young plants on to the next stage couldn’t be easier! Grodan Gro-Blocks come prefabricated with the perfect sized hole to accommodate our A-OK Starter Plugs™. Soak the A-OK Starter Plug™ and Gro-Block in the same strength nutrient solution — typically 1.5 EC at pH 5.5. Once the A-OK Starter Plug is well rooted with strong white roots emerging from the plug, transplant the young plant into the hole at the top of the Gro-Block.
|Dimensions||12 × 20 × 2 in|